1. Laser Cataract Surgery
Femtosecond laser surgery for cataracts is an innovation providing increased safety and quality of vision. The ‘manual’ steps in surgery, which mean that the outcome depends on the human factor, are replaced by a preprogrammed femtosecond laser.
Laser Treatment provides:
MAXIMUM SAFETY: The laser replaces the parts of surgery which depend on human ability and the skill of the surgeon.
IMPROVED VISION: The accuracy of the treatment, together with the correction of small residual astigmatisms, maximises both long and short sightedness.
NO SCALPEL: The necessary incisions in surgery are made by the laser with absolute precision in size, location and shape.
SHORT RECOVERY TIME: The energy applied to the eye is reduced in such a way that it shortens the time it takes to get back to everyday life.
PERSONALISATION: The surgeon plans and programmes the laser using micrometric precision, programming the surgical parameters of the unique characteristics of the patient’s eye.
Thanks to the laser, we achieve the perfect placement of the intraocular lens, which provides improved vision at all distances
2. Traditional Cataract Surgery: Phacoemulsification
The lens is emulsified using ultrasound and absorbed through a small cannula. Then, an intraocular lens is inserted through a 2.75 mm incision which corrects the acuity of the eye without a lens.
The operation is carried out in day surgery and does not require hospitalisation. It lasts approximately 20 minutes and is carried out using locally applied anaesthetic drops. The patient is awake but relaxed since a sedative is administered.
Once the surgical intervention is completed, the patient can walk out and has a very quick visual recovery time.
3. From Distance Vision to All Distances
Generally, in both public healthcare and most private clinics, the intraocular lens implanted after extracting the intraocular lens is monofocal. This only corrects distance vision, therefore glasses are needed to see at near or intermediate distances.
At Vistaláser we are specialists in implanting multi-focal, intraocular lenses which replace the natural lens and allow the eye to focus from a distance and up close, facilitating vision at all distances. The lenses are designed so that unlike using glasses with progressive lenses, it isn’t necessary to look down to see up close and up to see at a distance. With progressive multifocal lenses you can see near, far or mid-distance from any positioning (up, down or face-on). The brain, naturally and without need for adaptation or learning, selects the image of the desired object at that moment.
It is a stable and definitive solution since by extracting the eye’s lens, the transparency of the optic system is regained and there are no more changes to the visual acuity of the eye.
4. We Personalise Cataract Treatment
Each patient has different needs and lifestyles. Usually treatment consists in taking advantage of cataract surgery to restore vision at all distances without the need for glasses. In other cases, the patient’s lifestyle means that intermediate vision is prioritised, as may be the case with people who often use computers. Sometimes the individual anatomy of the eye (large pupil etc) means a particular type of lens is recommended. Finally, having a prestigious ophthalmologist surgeon can provide a reassuring solution for cataract surgery on eyes with other associated pathologies or on patients with other types of general illnesses.
How do we personalise treatment?
- With the security of the experience of thousands of completed cataract interventions.
- With a Femtosecond laser, the latest in cataract surgery; this allows the personalised programming of surgical parameters for better precision, safety and quality of vision.
- With a team of friendly, attentive and prestigious ophthalmologists who listen to the patient.
- Implanting a quality, multifocal lens, allowing you to see at a distance and up close. We work with the best lens manufacturers in the world and with every type of lens available. We consider the materials used, the geometry, the size and the optical design. We implant trifocal, bifocal, monofocal, spherical and toric lenses. Our huge range means we can choose the best lens for each eye and for the needs of each patent.
- Calculating the visual acuity of the lens with a biometric interferometer. The most precise means in existence.
- Using toric lenses which correct astigmatism where necessary.
5. What is the day of the operation Like?
Finally the day to stop depending on glasses is here. An analysis has been carried out and the best treatment has been chosen for your individual needs. Thanks for trusting in Vistaláser and our doctors.
During the preparatory tests we have indicated what the day of the operation will be like. Follow the instructions we have provided, everything is under control.
Try to get a good night’s sleep before the operation, follow our steps for the procedure and don’t forget to bring some sunglasses for after surgery.
You will be awake throughout the operation, the sedative we provide will help you to relax and the anaesthetic drops will ensure that you don’t feel a thing. Relax; the surgery will be over in 15 minutes.
You will relax afterwards in a dark room and finally we will inform you of the steps to take post-surgery and when your next revision is. Start your new life without glasses!
Frequent questions about Cataract Surgery
The Cost of Cataract Surgery
The cost of Cataract Surgery depends on the type of lens we are going to implant and the technique we are going to use. These are our prices for implanting multifocal and monofocal intraocular lenses. The price financed is without interest and does not include the opening rate. If you need special lenses for correcting astigmatism you should consult price with the clinic.
Laser Cataract Surgery with Monofocal Lens
- Financed at 12 months: 182€/mes
- Good farsightedness
- Implantation of monofocal intraocular lens with femtosecond laser
Laser Cataract Surgery with Multifocal Lens
- Financed at 12 months: 221€/mes
- Good vision at all distances
- Implant of multifocal intraocular lens with femtosecond laser
Prices of cataract surgery with phacoemulsification
Traditional Cataract Surgery with Monofocal Lens
- Financed at 12 months: 132€/mes
- Good farsightedness
- Implant of monofocal intraocular lens with traditional technique
Traditional Cataract Surgery with Multifocal Lens
- Financed at 12 months: 171€/mes
- Good vision at all distances
- Implant of multifocal intraocular lens with traditional technique